Google

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Limerick

Hi everyone!

Adrians news is great, but as you probably gathered, I am not going with him. I am happy to have a bit of stability in my life, and those shelves won't restock themselves!! :)

I discovered something surprising today... that I love Limerick. My dad said recently that no one would choose to live in Limerick, but today especially, I wanted to be here. I love the people (not all of them of course!), but they are just so REAL. On an average day I now encounter so many, and the amount of good humoured, chatty folk is uplifting. The acts of unexpected kindness, such as the donating of parking tickets, "there's still a good hour and a half left on that", and the passing comments from strangers, "what did you do with your hair today? Mine's the same, curly, crazy! can't do anything with it!" There's still a huge community here, at least in parts of the city, and its nice to feel part of something, something large, and undefined, an undercurrent of familiarity, of caring natures, and the common need for people to just belong somewhere.

Have a good weekend,
Love el xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful to hear you so happy Ellie :-)

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear your lovin limerick comment! Here here! Tell that to all those devices who laugh at me when i say I'd kinda like to move back to limerick...whenever I decide to leave Leeds! Lo x

Unknown said...

hey hun,

i'm delighted for you! check out the positiveness:) yeah i agree the people here are lovely:) if we could only get rid of the mean admin staff in the admissions dept in ul!! :) jokeing.....

that's excellent news about the oncologist!! fairplay:) all this positiveness and healthy living is pauing off:)

i'll be bopping away in dolans tonight to the saw doctors so if you feel the urge come on over. x x