Google

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Driving Test



I am officially permitted to drive my little fiat punto WITHOUT a licenced driver seated next to me! Wahoo!!



I had the test yesterday morning. On Monday night while I was practicing, I managed to get a puncture would you believe, so on the morning of the test they told me I had to get a new tire, otherwise I'd have to do the test another time. I was so pumped up for it, I had 3 lessons and everything, the LAST thing I wanted to do was reschedule! I nearly started crying! Luckily there was a tire shop right next door, and I got a new one put on and still had time to do the test. I think after that they felt sorry for me so I passed with flying colours.



The GREAT news is my insurance premium is lower!!! Not by much mind you but its an improvement!

I have started running again, not that you would have known I had stopped! but I used to be able to run (this time last year) for about 20 minutes before my hip started hurting and I couldn't breathe... So over the last few weeks I have finally felt ready to start running again, my lungs are resisting, and its pretty tough trying to get back my fitness, but its happening, slowly. I felt my body so strong and powerful while I was running last Saturday, when I think back on the last year - there was no way I thought that 11 months from that SHITTY diagnosis, I could be running again, about to go on a girly holiday to Greece, with a job interview to come home to, and a web site in development... It's crazy shit this life business.

Anyhow, the sun is shining, so I'm off to make the most of it,

Enjoy your day!
Love el xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ellen, That is great news, that is just the inspiration that i need to apply for mine, i really have to get it sorted and hopefully i too may some day be legally aloud to drive on my own, im finally feeling a bit more confident in the car so im definately corageous to apply for the bloody thing!! Congrats hon, its a great thing to have out of the way. Hope you have a great time in Santorini, the apartment looks really nice, you will have a ball no doubt, who are you going with ps? Well i can't really stay typing i have been on the internet pratically all day so i will be killed if i don't start doing some work soon! Oh, im in Limerick on Saturday if you are about for a coffee, not sure when exactly you are off to Greece so if you're about gime a txt if you're free to meet and i can make it in in time!
Enjoy the sun,
Luv Nic ***

Anonymous said...

Felicidades por tu licencia,es muy divertido como lo cuentas y los dibujos que pones estan chistosisimos,no solo aqui pasan cosas chistosas tambien alla no crees'??Te quiero T.M.