Google

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thinking about Ireland

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately and specially about Ireland. I went out last nite with some guys from work. I was talking to one of them, I wont memtiom his name, Polish, on how is such a good experience to live abroad and the like but he said that he will always be a FOREIGNER in this country. I just think that the concept of nationalities is completely idiotic. I mean they work for a lot of things - for example - It's a smart way to keep different type of governments controlling people. I was born in Mexico city and there is a LOT of cool things about Mexico but i don't consider myself solely Mexican - like I am a citizen of the world. I have traveled all over earth and lived in different countries and all I've seen is amazing HUMANS not CITIZENS. I think the concept of a nationality is a MIND conception for most of it and nothing else, and at the end of the day, no matter what, we are all part of the same kingdom and species of the Homo Sapiens.
My point is that Ireland is so lucky to have all of these FOREIGNERS to enrich the culture and it is so interesting to see so many people from ALL OVER. Believe me, it is so boring to be in a country when everyone is from that country, however, as humans, that is our greatest challenge INTEGRATION. The natural thing for most groups, although I am generalizing, but still - consider 85% is to stay within their own group - Spanish with Spanish, Irish with Irish, Polish with Polish and Americans with Americans. We live in the 21st century and Europe has had so many wars because of this lack of integration but it has learned so many lessons and this is the by-product. I love this concept.



Adrian

No comments: